Part time (10 hours per week)
Salary: $50/hour (roughly $500/week)
Reports to Interim Director of Development
Common Defense, a grassroots movement of progressive veterans, is experiencing a period of growth, expansion, and heightened interest from current and potential institutional funders and partners. In order to meet this increased demand, Common Defense is seeking to hire an organized, energetic, results-oriented Grant Writing consultant to provide support with drafting grant reports and proposals for both c3 and c4 activities, prospecting for new funding opportunities, maintaining organizational materials and collateral and ensuring that funders and potential funders have the most accurate and persuasive information available. This is an ideal position for a motivated Development professional who is looking to join a growing organization in a period of great possibility. This is a part time position (10 hours per week, with opportunity to expand) and reports to the Interim Director of Development.
- Maintain institutional funder and prospect list.
- Maintain deadline calendar for all reports, proposals and funder updates.
- Organize and maintain folder with all one pagers, decks and external communications collateral.
- Conduct prospect research to identify new funding opportunities.
- Draft proposals and reports and collaborate with program staff and Interim Director of Development to compile compelling, comprehensive requests for funding.
- Collect all necessary attachments for foundation and government grant submissions and reports.
- Ensure CRM is updated with institutional funder and partner information.
- Attend funder meetings and serve as representative of Common Defense when appropriate.
- Stay abreast of funding news and trends within the progressive and veteran funding spaces.
- BA required; 2-3 years of work experience in Development preferred.
- Commitment to Common Defense’s mission and the population served.
- Strong analytical, verbal, written, organizational and communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail, and a quick learner.
- Ability to think and work quickly and efficiently, and communicate effectively with team members.
- Experience with Salesforce or other data management software preferred.
- Strong ethics and discretion with sensitive material.
- Willingness to be flexible, open-minded, and a highly engaged team player.
Common Defense is an equal opportunity employer. We value and welcome diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage all qualified persons to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable state, federal or local laws.
How to apply:
Email resume and cover letter to [email protected]